Bay Area, Sacramento, Dance Parties, Mixers, Meet New People!
Right Brain Talks – Anxiety & Holistic Healing
There are many different ways to experience anxiety, all equaling distressing while you are in the moment. The symptoms range from chronic worrying to intense panic attacks that may feel like a heart attack. Its etiology is in fight or flight response. Aside from psychotropic medications (with side effects that mimic anxiety symptoms…ahhhhhh) there are tools that can help you toward wellness (A holistic approach). While you go through this process remember to be gentle with yourself. Start with just observing your process without judgment. You are not your thought pattern, you are a sum of all your whole totality- this is the good news!
Things to consider:
· Balanced nutrition throughout the day – hypoglycemic will make it worse.
· Do not forget your water
· Explore supplements such as Omega 3 fatty acids, SAM-e (Consult with your doctor if you are on other psychotropic medication and you have other serious medical conditions)
· Read inspirational books and watch inspirational movies, I recommend these books (easy readings) - Change your brain change your life by Daniel G. Amen, M.D and Mindsight by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. Thank God for neuroplasticity at any age.
· Learn something new
· Journal – list anxiety provoking thoughts or situation. Rate them - 10 most likely to happen to 1 least likely to happen. Observe your thoughts without resistance (hopefully with humor and compassion). Have a ritual to get rid of them.
· Start a dream journal – get in touch with your higher self. Observe the players and the themes in the dream. Dialogue with the dream.
· Meditation – I am not talking about one hour meditation. Just sit still and sense yourself for 5-10 minutes each day. Slowly build on this.
· Deep breathing exercises for a few minutes each day
· Get enough sleep – at least 8 hours. Design a sleep ritual. Consider calming music, scent such as lavender, candles.
· Exercise – swimming, walking, strength building, dancing
· Build connection with others – we develop through our interaction with the world
· When all else fails laugh
Things to avoid:
- Radio and TV
- Negative People J
There are so many things to explore…………….more to come